Today, I was thinking about my 30 before 30 challenge. I realized I haven’t updated it in awhile, but there were a few more items that I have accomplished.
So here’s the updated list:
- Take a roadtrip with my bestest friend.
- Get a tattoo.
- Do something that scares me.
- Be exceptional. I’m calling this one completed. I realized when I set this, that this would be a very hard item to fulfill, because it wouldn’t be a tangible or even a quantifiable accomplishment. I would just KNOW when this was done. And it is done.
- Polar Bear Plunge. this crazy shit is Em’s idea. I have prior cold weather injuries. i’ll probably die.
- Learn a postapocalyptic life skill. I can knit already. i should still learn another one. for when the zombies attack.
- Spend a day doing hands on volunteer work. read to sick kids. hang out with old fellas at the vets home.
- Spend a day at a spa. DONE! My dear, sweet Hollywood Boyfriend Jeremy Renner bought me a spa package for my birthday. I had a massage, a facial, a mani & a pedi. Shortly after that, a group of girlfriends and I took over the Aveda Salon at the Riverside casino. Some of the gals had services, a few of us just sat in our private hot tub, nekkid. It was delightful.
- Ride in a hot air balloon.
- Go spelunking. Emily says, ‘WTF is spelunking?’ Apparently, Em needs to add learn how to google to her list.
- Spend a night in the Villisca Ax Murder House
- Write a novel.
- Take the kids to Mt. Rushmore. DONE. Blog post is coming about that whole ordeal.
- SEE BELOW
- Learn to speak Bosnian.
- go ice-skating. This was Em’s suggestion. She did clarify that it has to be pond/lake ice skating, not any of that fake shiz. Considering that we both live in states that become frozen tundras in the winter months, it is rather odd that we haven’t done this already.
- take a dance class. (polka anyone?)
- Cook every single recipe in a cookbook.
- Complete the Warrior Dash.
- Go on an adventure with Hollywood Boyfriend Jeremy Renner
- Have my tarot cards read.
- Do a pull-up.
- Beat the original Mario Brothers game. DONE!
- Plant a butterfly garden.
- Perform a random act of kindness.
- Attend a murder mystery party.
- Take a hike on the Pacific Crest Trail.
- Take the kids to the Omaha Zoo
- Do the River Boat Brewery Tour in Milwaukee
- Celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary in a huge way.
Anyways, as I mentioned above, I had been thinking about this list and what I could cross off. My supervisor started talking about some stupid documentary that she watched about horses and how she loves riding horses. Since I had my 30 before 30 list on my mind, I blurted out my original number 14: Ride a miniature pony while Em rides a regular horse. (This was the suggestion of another friend named Emily. It was a mean-spirited and cruel joke. But it sounds hysterically awesome. And think of the photo opportunities! )
A coworker laughed so hard at the mental image of me on a miniature pony that I thought she would pee her pants. My supervisor told me that was stupid.
To which I said, “Who are you to tell me my dreams are stupid?”
To which another coworker said, ” You can’t ride miniature ponies, dumbass.”
To which my supervisor said, “HAHAHAHA, I just killed your dreams. Find something else for your list.”
Just like that, my dreams have been dashed. And now I need a new item for my list.